Florida man killed by exploding vape is the first e-cigarette fatality in the United States

%name Florida man killed by exploding vape is the first e cigarette fatality in the United States by Authcom, Nova Scotia\s Internet and Computing Solutions Provider in Kentville, Annapolis Valley

Many former smokers have taken to vaping as an alternative to cigarettes, believing the vaporized juice to be safer than burning tobacco. In an incredibly bizarre twist, a 38-year-old Florida man has died due to what authorities are calling a “projectile wound of the head” which was caused by his vape device. Tallmadge D’Elia’s death is being called the first fatality linked to e-cigarettes, but officials still don’t know exactly how it happened.

D’Elia was found dead after a fire in an upstairs bedroom of his family’s home. He suffered burns to most of his body, but authorities don’t believe the fire was what caused his death. As ABC reported, investigators believe that the vape device D’Elia was using may have exploded, possibly due to a faulty battery or charger. The latest report blames the gadget for producing the projectile that ultimately killed him and sparked the fire that followed.

Continue reading…

BGR Top Deals:

  1. Today’s best deals: $20 cord-free earbuds, best Fire TV accessory, waterproof speaker, Crock-Pots, more
  2. Who needs an Apple Watch when this $77 smartwatch lasts 45 days per charge?

Trending Right Now:

  1. OnePlus copied the iPhone X, but it also improved Apple’s design in one important way
  2. Galaxy Note 9 and S10 may launch early, but it’s the secret reason why that has us intrigued
  3. HTC just announced the world’s first blockchain phone

Florida man killed by exploding vape is the first e-cigarette fatality in the United States originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 16 May 2018 at 18:12:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read more here:: Boy Genius Report